Sunday, June 12, 2011

Study from yesterday

I started taking a figure drawing class last year after a long break from doing any art work at all. I have found the class to be quite inspiring and have learned a lot from my teacher Michelle Philip. Yesterday I copied this from my new favorite book "Classical Human Anatomy" by Valerie Winslow. I like drawings that appear to be unfinished. They draw your eye to the part that was of the most interest to the artist. The original drawing was complete with fingers and toes leaving nothing to the imagination. I have attempted to make it more interesting by letting the right arm fade toward the hand as well as fading the legs to the feet.
I am planning on posting one of my past drawings every day or so and also anything new I am working on. So check in often.

No comments: