Sunday, January 15, 2012

This weeks Figure drawing and 6x8 quick paintings

This drawing is from last Weds. Figure drawing session. This man was quite large. This was also the first time I've drawn with three colors. Black, red and white. 

This is my grandfather's first muzzle loader with a mirror.
 I sketched this one one evening and painted in the colors the next. I love the look of the big cotton woods without their leaves, however they are quite challenging to paint. I think I am getting closer with this one.
 I wish I had painted this from life, but it is a copy from a book I am working from by Kevin MacPherson.
 These are some miniature orchids that we have been enjoying since this summer. It has been nice to see them bloom and bloom.
                                          This is the view north from the bottom of our canyon.
                                                 I liked the effect of the shadows in the snow.
                                                         Sea shells in a small bowl.
                                                         this one needs no discription.
 This is the second time I've painted this scene from Walker ranch. I have a feeling I will be returning to this spot. I hope I improve so this will turn out better and better every time I paint it.


No comments: