Monday, April 16, 2012

Paintings for the week


I feel I had a really good week painting wise. Last Wed. in figure drawing, my teacher Michelle Philip gave me some pointers and suggested forgetting about chroma for the night and just work on values. This is the result. I was pretty excited it turned out as well as it did.

That set me up for a good week of painting. I'm painting with confidence and feel much less lost in the process. 
This day the sun kept going behind the clouds and coming back out again. I did better than I have ever done before, holding to the light I first saw when beginning to paint.


I found this in the plains at the bottom of coal creek canyon a week ago and planned on coming back to paint it, which I followed through with last Friday afternoon. 




Another thing that Michelle helped me with was to not worry about staying inside the lines of my drawing but to paint right over them having the confidence to know I could find the shapes again as the painting progressed. I still have a ways to improve, but still am quite happy with the progress I've made this week.




1 comment:

Louise Machemehl said...

Bill,
Great paintings this week! I especially like the one of you.