Monday, November 17, 2014

Cold Painting


I have been working on getting out in the cold to paint. I definitely takes a lot more work. If the sun is out, I have a prayer, a little wind or clouds and my hands start to freeze up. I think it was about 5* when I painted this.
 Friday a few of us hired a model for the whole day. It is way more comfortable painting inside this time of year.
 Sunday I ventured out again. I still need to figure out how to keep my hands warm without affecting my painting dexterity.
 This is the first attempt of an idea I have been thinking about. I painted the right third first for about 20 minutes. Then the middle third for 20 minutes, and then the left third for another 20. The idea is to catch how the light changes over time.
 Tuesday afternoon a few of us set up a still life.

No comments: