Monday, March 26, 2012

Paintings for the week

I decided bring the paints to our figure drawing session this past week.I have been scared to try. But now that I have the first one under my belt I will probably do it more often. This one didn't turn out half bad.

This one was done in my favorite place at the bottom of the canyon. When I go here I know the chances of seeing another person is very slim.

This is a view of Eldorado canyon  from up in  the mountains in Walker Ranch.

These next three paintings are somewhat encouraging for me. I think they turned out closer to the way I want my plein air paintings to look.
This one is from out on the plains looking back towards Boulder. Longs Peak is seen just behind the Flatirons.

I did this painting in my driveway looking south east. It was an overcast evening and the thick air made for a good study of color and value change in relation to depth. 

These are the big wind mills at the wind research center off of highway 93. I see them every day on my way to and from work. This particular angle is from a bike trail just north of the center. They are quite impressive in size.


No comments: