Sunday, November 24, 2013

practicing with my left hand

Many of you may already know that I am more than likely going to have surgery on my right shoulder. I decided to try to look at this as an opportunity to learn how to paint with my left hand. This first painting is all right hand though. I painted it this Weds.


This one however is all left hand. I painted it last night. I figure it will be easier getting use to the left hand if I start using it before the surgery. That way I can ease into it, instead of being forced to use only it, with no option to go right for a break.


I painted this this afternoon. I went back and forth from left to right. using the right for awhile paying attention to how I hold the brush and the movement of my wrist and fingers to make the brush strokes. then I'd switched to my left trying to mimic in a mirror image sort of way what I observed with my right hand. I think this just might be good for me. Maybe After I recover I will be able to paint with both hands simultaneously. Ha!

No comments: