Sunday, September 13, 2015

August September

Here we are it's almost the middle of September, and I still haven't done my blog post.A lot has been going on and I am quite tired. Here is the First painting of this post. Painted in Louiseville, Colorado. The red barn is a well known landmark for the locals. This painting can be seen at Mary Williams Fine Art, which is now representing me.
I painted this just off of Cherry Vale rd. The blue in the back is actually the base of the foot hills. I do love the late afternoon light.
One of those late afternoons I headed up to NCAR where I painted this. Normally I would steer away from such a cliche' image, but the light was just too tempting.
This is an aspen I found in the neighborhood.
The light for this one lasted just a few minutes. But I did my best to remember. It was done at the bottom of Coal Creek Canyon.
I cruised up to Brainard Lake one morning, hiked up to Long Lake to paint these next two.

To help promote Boulder's open Studios, of which I am participating this year, I did a demo at Chautauqua at the ranger's cottage. In preparation I painted this a week in advance.
This is from the demo.
And this is the painting from the demo.
One evening I headed up Caribou  rd. above Nederland to paint this.
This one was done from just inside the building where I have my studio. I believe the plant is called Rabbit Brush.
Last Sunday Debbie road bicycle up Mt Evans from Idaho Springs. I dropped her off at the bottom and drove up to tree line to paint this. Then I rode the rest of the way to the 14000' summit with her.
This is Coal Creek. It is pretty much down to a trickle.
Yesterday I joined PAAC for one of their paint outs. This one was held at Meininger's Lodge in Bailey Colorado. I was really loving the light on these funky old mountain cabins. I painted three yesterday. Today I am whipped!


Here are the portraits and figures from this past month.




Until next time....

No comments: