Sunday, June 24, 2012

only landscapes this week

I was able to get out painting a few times this week. It has been hot and dry, so no afternoon storms, which helps for afternoon painting. This one I painted Fri after work. It's not really doing it for me, but I thought I'd share anyway. I am being much loser and using a lot more paint.

I painted this Thur. at Walden ponds. I kind of like it.


I painted this this morning. A friend from class, Sharon, and I met at Walden ponds to paint. It was a lot of fun to have company. I think it turned out quite well. I borrowed a few things from Sharon that made my painting better. She added a little red to her snow, which I also tried, but maybe not enough. I also liked the color she was using for the foothills so I changed mine to the color you see here. It's a little bluer than I had.


No the Aspen aren't changing yet. I felt like staying in the cool basement this afternoon, so I found this photo I had taken awhile back and painted from it. This is way different then the way I would have painted 6 months ago. It's kind of exciting.


No comments: