Sunday, February 17, 2013

more and faster


It's been staying light a little bit longer these days, and a few nights this week I've painted looking out my studio  window with about twenty min. of light left. This is a magical time, and I've always really wanted to capture the colors for that time of day. I just didn't worry about the drawing and really tried to get the colors  right and fast.


This one while quite simple is really striking to me. I am pretty sure I nailed the colors for that particular evening and it just seems to glow.

I painted this this afternoon. It is another larger painting at 12"x16"

Another figure.

This is another painting at dusk. It had snowed and the grass was still holding it's load.

later this afternoon it was too cold and windy to paint out side, so I got inspired to paint from one of my desert photos.

No comments: