Monday, December 22, 2014

Art in winter

This first painting is the result of an Idea I've had for awhile. I wanted to paint a steaming hot cup of something. After some failed attempts to get steam with hot water and ice, I got some dry ice. This didn't work exactly like I planed. The steam bubbled out of the water and spilled over the edge kind of like you'd imagine the steam would act in a witches cauldron. I went ahead and painted any way,  trying to imagine what the steam should look like if it was drifting up. I may try again sometime in the future. I am thinking of bringing a hot cup of Joe outside on a cold day.
 This is from our Study group at the studio.
 Wends. night.
 Friday afternoon at East Boulder rec center.
 On our property on Sat. afternoon. I really like what the light was doing.


No comments: