Monday, August 13, 2012

three pleinairs in a this weekend

I painted this Sunday morning. My friends Jim and Sharon were there painting with me. We found this wonderful secluded spot in a field south east of boulder where I painted these first two paintings. This is a view looking south. I chose it for the nice shadow shapes in the trees.

This may be my favorite plain air I've done so far. The light orange and red shapes to the right of the trees are buildings in the CU campus. If you look hard you can see Longs Peak in the back ground.  I am pleased with the brush strokes the values and the colors. I don't mean to blow my own horn, but I feel like I am really starting to get somewhere with this painting. 

I painted this from our drive way. I wanted practice painting trees and the distance of the things behind them and through their branches. Again I am quite pleased with how this turned out.

No comments: