Sunday, September 30, 2012

pretty good week

It feels like I  had a pretty good week painting wise. This one is from this morning off of Cherry Vale rd. The trees are turning there fall colors every where you look. It is such a beautiful time of year.

This is from this after noon. I went back to sawmill ponds where there is something to paint any direction you look. I am on the shadow side of these trees. Trying to paint the light coming in from the other side was the lesson of the afternoon. 

This was painted last evening from our deck. I set up about an hour before I new the light was going to look like this. I had it all laid out and ready to go for when the light was just right, then I had to work fast to get all the colors and values just right. The sun was down in no time. All in all I think it turned out pretty good.

This was done Friday late afternoon from our deck. Again the sun went down quickly so I had to remember. I am quite happy with this.

I painted this earlier in the week I think my new under painting technique along with a new medium is starting to pay off.

This is another under painting done in our Weds night figure session. It was raining when I took it out to the car. Being oil I wasn't worried, but apparently this medium is water soluble. That's where all of the little spots came from. I think it looks kind of neat, Like snow is falling.

and finally I thought I'd throw this one in. I was able to get Leo to sit still long enough for me to get this quick sketch.

No comments: