Sunday, October 7, 2012

cups

I painted some cups this week. My friend Karen lent me some books with paintings of everyday objects. It inspired me. So here are some paintings of our cups and dishes.
 This exercise was very interesting. There are many different shades and colors in such a simple object. I didn't get them all, so I am sure to try more of this.


These things have hung above my side of the bed for years and years. A friend gave both me and Debbie our own set. I noticed them the other day while looking for something to paint. When I finished the under painting, I thought it looked so nice I couldn't get myself to paint over it.

I did this this afternoon. It is from behind my friends near Nederland.

This of course is from Weds. night. I took my time and didn't worry about ever getting any color down.





No comments: