Sunday, November 18, 2012

art sale

This week was a bit hectic, so I only have three paintings to show. This one I did Weds. night. I like the hat. It gives the picture some character.
 Yesterday I had my paintings in the Coal Creek Canyon holiday Art sale. To pass the time, I painted. The challenge as always was what to paint. There were all of these paper plates, plastic cups and forks, so I thought why not. I saw all of these subtle reds and blues so I didn't hesitate to put them in the painting.
 The lady next to me had some nick knacks to help spruce up her table, including these plastic flowers that made a good subject. Everyone seemed to like my paintings, and enjoyed watching me paint, but didn't buy anything. Oh well, I wasn't really expecting to sell. However, it was really good exposure. I had quite a few people take my card. A few asked about lessons. I may be contacted to give a demonstration at the local elementary school with pay. I think that could be fun and rewarding.

No comments: