Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanks Giving Weekend


I Love Days off for holidays. I was able to get out quite a bit the last few days. It has been so frustrating this time of year now that it's dark when I get off of work. I really relish the daylight hours on these days off. This I painted Weds. after noon. I snuck out work to get an early start to the weekend and headed up Boulder Canyon. This is fairly close to Nederland.
This is from Thanks Giving morning. I painted this from inside my car up on the peak to peak just across from the Kelly Dal camping area. It was blowing pretty hard so painting out side was out of the question. The lake was mostly frozen. (just in case you couldn't tell from the painting.
 Yesterday, Debbie and I rode our bikes north out of Hygien. Before we started I was able to paint this of Longs and Meeker as viewed from Hygien. I only had about an hour and 15. I still think it turned out OK.
 
 This morming I took the dog over to Walker Ranch where I painted this looking down into Eldorado Canyon.
  This afternoon when I got home I saw this beautiful light in some trees on our property. S o I attempted to paint them. The sun was down in about an hour, so it was fun trying to remember the way it looked with the light.



No comments: