Sunday, May 26, 2013

finally some good plein air painting weather

  This week was beautiful weather wise. I got a lot of plein air painting done. If I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be this 12x 16 painting I made Friday evening over at Walker Ranch looking west. It was partly cloudy, so the sun was doing a song and dance with light and shadow on the mountains. I was able to stick to one moment in time when the sun was shinning off the snow just right.

Today I got up early and drove to Brainard Lake and made the 2and 1/2 half mile walk from the winter gate to Brainard Lake proper where I painted these two. The first is 8x10 and the second 11x14.
 I was surprised, it actually got quite crowded. People were talking to me, commenting on my paintings. The kids seem to enjoy it the most. Bicycles were zipping by. I had to be careful not to back up suddenly to look at my work with out looking down the road for on coming cyclists first. The weather was fabulous. Not much wind, plenty of sunshine and warm temps.

Earlier this week, I stopped at the bottom of Coal Creek Canyon to get some painting done. This 10x8 is my second attempt at this scene. The first didn't turn out at all.

This 10x8 is another from Walker Ranch

No comments: