Monday, May 13, 2013

sold right off of the easel

 I spent a long weekend in New Mexico, visiting my Aunt and Uncle. While there I was able to get some painting done. While I was set up on the side of a country road painting this old abandoned house, I had a few people stop and see what I was doing and talk a little. When I was almost done a couple stopped and was really taken with this painting. They lived right down the road and new the history of the place. after they talked a little between themselves the lady came to me and said sir, you've sold that painting. Yee Ha !!!!
This is my Aunt and Uncles house. I had looked and looked for a good angle to paint their house from and was having trouble because it is surrounded by trees. Finally I settled for this view.
  My blog post wouldn't be the same without the weekly figure. So, here you go.
 On the way down to New Mexico, I spotted this old abandoned home on a road running parallel to the highway. I got off at the next exit and doubled back to see about painting it. The weather was a bit iffy, so I set up in my car and painted from the front seat with my canvas propped up on the steering wheel. While I was painting I noticed out of the corner of my eye that someone in a truck pulling a horse trailer had stopped on the highway. A gentleman came up to my window to see what I was doing. He was concerned that I was planning on trespassing. When he saw what I was doing, he decided I was harmless and left me alone.

No comments: