Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another week more pictures


Tues. I stayed after work and painted this nice barn. 12x16.

 We've been working on this old farm house north of Boulder.

 Weds. I mixed it up with some drawing and finished with a quick mono chromatic portrait painting.




It rained all day today, so I painted in my studio. I think I am getting a little more comfortable painting from photographs. This one is from a photo I took while in Ohio a few years ago. It is of a bike path on the north side of Westerville.


I took this picture on my way home from work a couple of weeks ago. It is of Hatstack mountain north of Boulder. The light was the sort of light I really want to capture. The problem is, it only lasts for a few moments, so plein air painting it, is challenging. I tried to paint the colors and values from memory, knowing that the camera lies.






No comments: