Sunday, December 2, 2012

New Etsy shop

I want to start out by mentioning my new Etsy shop where my paintings are available for purchase. Visit  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BillMeusersArt  to check it out. I will be adding more paintings soon.
Yesterday was my day to paint. It was a bit too windy to paint outside, so I found this spot in Boulder canyon parked my car on the side of the road and painted. It is always a bit frustrating painting in the car because I can't back up and take a look at how I'm doing, which I like to do often. I have to get out of the car and peer through the window, which is hard to do often. Still I think this turned out pretty good considering.

I painted this from memory earlier in the week. It is of our view at dusk. I actually like the colors.

The following evening I attempted to paint the same view from life. The light only last for a moment so I had to paint fast. I think I did this in about twenty minuets. Both of these paintings are smaller than I usually work at just 6x8 inches.

This is another from yesterday.I had about forty minuets before the sun went down. So, this is another done pretty fast.


I painted this Weds. night from our model. Some times they turn out good and other times they leave me a little unsatisfied like this one. Oh well.


No comments: