Sunday, July 29, 2012

Attempting to capture fleeting light

This is of course from the Weds. night figure session. I feel like I continue to improve. with the figure. I hope to graduate to more than just the portrait before too long.

I've painted this old house twice before. I think this may be my best yet. The light was moving fast, but I forced my self to keep the shadows where they were when I started.

I painted this Sat. after noon  the storms were rolling in so the light was constantly moving with the clouds and all. I saw the light briefly shinning on the background mountain and stuck with that thought. It started raining, so I called this one done after only an hour of painting.

This is from this morning. There where clouds about, but all in all it was pretty sunny. My main focus here was to capture that glow in the back ground mountains. The locals call those mountains the slumbering giant. 

I painted this in under an hour. the clouds were moving so fast. I was practically throwing paint at the canvas to try to get down what I was seeing. I think I got a little lucky. Plus my friend Sharon was there to tell me when to stop. I think she was right.

This is another one done almost as fast. I really wanted to hold onto that sunlit mountain contrast over the in the shadows of the cloud mountain behind.

No comments: