Sunday, December 23, 2012

Yesterday Debbie went for a bike ride. I on the other hand wanted to ski up to our secret stash and see if there was enough snow to be worth while going back on Christmas. As you might have guessed I put my painting kit in my pack just in case, and when I got up to this spot I thought why not? It was pretty cold and a little cumbersome painting with gloves on, but I did it. Then I realized I forgot a box to carry the painting back down to the car, so I had to hold the painting in one hand and my poles in the other to ski down. It was a little rough, but I made it. The painting actually didn't turn out this good. I worked on it a fare amount when I got home, from memory. I am pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out.  By the way, there is enough snow for some good skiing. We will go back tomorrow and on Christmas. I'll leave my paints at home.

I finished the angle this week as promised. I guess it turned out OK. It definitely was a great lesson in value.

 Today a few of us got together and painted portraits of this lovely young girl.
 Weds. night I painted this. I love the hat.
 Friday night I looked around for something to paint and came up with this.


No comments: